Cupcake Baking Tips
• Every pan, liner, and oven are different so you should monitor your first
batch of cupcakes closely. Check after 10 minutes of baking time to insure
that your cupcakes are cooking evenly. You may need to turn the cupcakes
halfway through baking time to guarantee even baking if your oven cooks faster
towards the rear of the oven.
• Do not overfill your liners. Filling liners 1/2 to 2/3 full is plenty
for regular size cupcakes. If you overfill, the batter will spill
out on top of the pan, and you will have a sticky, gooey mess to clean up.
• Bake all of our cupcake recipes on the middle rack of your oven unless otherwise noted.
• It is a personal decision whether or not to use cupcake liners when you
prepare cupcake recipes. If not using liners, you will need to butter and
flour the individual sections of your cupcake pans. Store bought sprays
that combine butter and flour work well for this purpose. Even if you use
this type of spray, you still run the risk of having your beautiful cupcakes
stick to the edges of the cooking pan.
• Cupcake liners are inexpensive and easy to use. They not only make
cleanup easier, but they add to the decoration of your cupcakes. You may
use paper or foil cupcake liners. The choice is yours.