The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
When I was nineteen, I moved away from home for the first time and started a new chapter of my life. I was excited to explore the city, make new friends, and start fresh. The one thing I wasn’t looking forward to was gluten-free baking. I tried numerous recipes and failed every time. Then I came across a vegan chocolate cupcake recipe that used gluten-free flour. I was skeptical, but I gave it a try. I was so amazed that the cupcakes turned out perfectly! I was so happy that I could finally enjoy my favorite dessert without having to give up my gluten-free lifestyle.
For years, I would bring my cupcakes to friends’ houses and tell them how I had finally found a way to make them gluten-free and vegan. I never would have guessed that my little feat would lead me to find my dream job. I now work at a prominent bakery, and I’m still able to bake my delicious vegan chocolate cupcakes. I’m so happy that I was able to conquer my first big challenge and that my gluten-free vegan chocolate cupcakes are still a part of my life.
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup dairy-free butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup palm shortening, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position rack in center of oven. Line a 12 serving cupcake pan with papers; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, vigorously whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt until there are no visible clumps.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the coffee (or water plus coffee granules), vinegar, vanilla extract, and olive oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until they just come together. The mixture should be thin and lumpy.
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake pans, filing it about 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
- For the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, beat together dairy-free butter, palm shortening vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well. Alternate one cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of dairy-free milk until all ingredients are blended.
- Beat in additional dairy-free milk if needed to obtain desired constancy.